Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Simulation Day 1

Today was Day 1 of our "Exploration" simulation.  Tonight, I'd like you to reflect on the following questions:
A)  What is something that we talked about today that you already knew?

I already knew that the Europeans hunted down indigenous tribes. I already knew that the Aztecs lived in Mexico and the Inca lived highlands.   I relearned that in the Ice Age some natives crossed the land bridge to get to the Americas.

B)  What is something new that you learned today?

I learned that a wigwam is a type of house that some villages used. I also learned that some Europeans make friendships with natives.   Something that I did not know about is that back then they had already found gold and silver.

C)  How did your "jigsaw" group work together as a team?

We told each other about some possible sentences and then we would try to put those sentences into a big sentence.  We would also tell each other what we thought about each others sentences and if they made sense. All of us participated and gave ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :)