Wednesday, May 8, 2013

To which colony would you move?

Part 1:To which colony would you move?  In your answer, please be sure to include the following information:1.  Reason why you would move there2.  The geography and climate of the colony3.  Jobs available4.  GovernmentPart 2:  Include a picture that represents your colony.

     I would move to the colony of Rhode Island because they have a law that you were free to practice your own religion and I think they are right because if you listen to some one else's beliefs, you will not truly understand. 
     First of all, Rhode Island is close to the ocean so they could get fish. There were a couple streams and rivers that also contained fish. Also in the summer, there were some rains that helped the crops grow. Then in the winters, when it was cold and you could not grow crops, they would have had enough food saved from the summer. That would prevent starvation. However, with all the food winters were still a little harsh , but if they were prepared, then they would survive. 
     Second, there were a variety of jobs in Rhode Island you could farm, trade, merchants, and some people raised animals, sailors and fishermen. That is plenty to choose from! Whatever you were good at, you would do.
     Third, the government was very democratic. At first all men could vote. These men did not have to be from a church. However, later on only men who owned property could vote.
     Another advantage to Rhode Island was that they were in peace with the Indians. That was a benefit because they got to share ideas and help each other.
     Now I think you understand why if I could move to a colony, I would move to the Rhode Island colony!
I think this picture represents this colony because the colony was in peace
with the Indians so they were more successful. As they say two heads are better than one.

Credits: image link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :)