Discussion 1:
Focus on pages 8 and 9. "I am not like them... I'm not."
Who is he talking about and why is he saying this? Is it true? Is Tirio not
like them?
I think that Tirio is talking about his tribe,
the Takunami because Joey had said before, "Maybe it is the way they do it
in the Amazon, but that's not the way we do it here,”. So Tirio was probably
trying to tell Joey that he is not one of them. But I think it is weird for him
to say this because his whole life he has been saying, "I'm just like them" and
now he is saying that he is not? That is why I thought that these were probably
messages from his father telling him to not come back and take the test. So
this is probably his father speaking, not him.
I do not think that Tirio is not like the
Takunami because he acts just like them. He always is saying that he doesn't
want help, which is what the test is supposed to be like, a test with no help.
Tirio also is always so confident and strong. He never quits just like his
tribe. I think that if you take out the fact that he has a broken foot, than he
would be one of the toughest men in his tribe. One of the main facts that I
think prove the Takunami to kick him of his the fact that he plays soccer. I
think that to play soccer, you always need your feet, and if Tirio can play
soccer, I am pretty sure that he can hunt. I don’t agree with the Takunami and
how you have to be in shape to be strong, but Tirio is very smart.
| I chose this picture because these soldiers are all the same, they are all meant to protect. Just like Tirio and his tribe. He thinks the same way and was born to help. |
I agree with Laura, because Tirio acts like them all the time. When someone needs help he say's he doesn't need it, but actually he does because it is easier with other peoples help. He say's he doesn't need it because the Takunami tribe all does everything by their selves.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you with you, because Tirio dose act like them all the time. Also because he dose play soccer with a sore foot so he can hunt. Great post Laura I think you should continue doing this kind of post. Congrats.
ReplyDeleteAna
Laura, that was an amazing job, but I will have to disagree a little with you. You said that it was Tirio's father speaking, not himself. I thought about that in a real life situation and I imagined if someone started making fun of me because I have Italian blood, I would have said to them that I am not like an Italian just to protect myself, like what Tirio must have done.
ReplyDelete