On page 74 Tirio spots the clouded leopard "The brown lifeless monkey hangs from its jaws." He refers to this as, "Another sign. No -- a warning".How might this be a warning? How is it similar to other warnings Tirio might have received?
I think that this is a warning because it is telling Tirio to be aware. I think that it means the same thing as what he said on page 13 to the Piuchi boy: I've seen what the world does to the weak. It'll eat you alive. So I think that the leopard represents the world and the monkey is the one being eaten alive.
This might also be a warning from his dad and mom. I think that Tirio's mom sends him good positive energy to come back, but the dad sends him bad energy telling him not to go. Maybe the mom is telling him to be careful with his surroundings when he takes the test, however his dad is telling him that he is as weak as the monkey and could not even find the leopard so he should not take the test.
This warning is similar to another one of Tirio's warning because I think that all of the dark warnings that tell him not to go take the test were all from his father. So they are all telling him the same thing: don't take the test.
![]() |
| I chose this picture because I think that the devil is Tirio's fathers part of the warning, as a bad warning. However the angel is the mom, calling him, as a good warning. |

I agree with your statement. I believe that it may be a warning from his parents as well, but it could be a warning to watch your back. I say this because the dead monkey can mean as you said him, or what may happen to him if he doesn't watch his back. Also, it could be an example of things that happen in the jungle. But all in all I think this is a warning in disguise. Or maybe advice in disguise? Or maybe both?
ReplyDeleteThese are my thoughts, but what do you guys think? Is this really a warning, or advice?
Diego,
DeleteI agree with you that it might be a warning to watch your back! I like how you compared the monkey to the jungle. I think that maybe the monkey is Tirio and the leopard is the jungle. I understand what you are saying, and I would like to comment on your last few questions. I did not understand whet you meant by "in disguise" but I do think that it is advice. I think that it might be advice as a warning, so it scares you at the same time as it advises you.
Laura D.
Laura, I agree with you. I also think what the author wrote referred to what Tirio said to the Piuchi boy. I also think that it is a warning to watch his back. I think that because the leopard might be the forest and the monkey might be Tirio trying to survive alone in the forest.
ReplyDeleteNice post.