In which of the core
values have you shown the most success? Why?
I think that the first
core value that I have shown a lot of work on this quarter is that I have been
very innovative. I think I have been innovative because on most of our work we
had to be creative and use our skills. I think that I have been really showing
my ideas and coming up with new ones. I think that the project that I most
showed innovation on was the following:
I think that I showed
innovation on this study because, originally, we were supposed to do the study
on a google doc. However, I thought that a cooler, more innovative way of
studying is by making a Popplet. Not only did I use my innovation but I learned
a lot.
The second core value
that I think I have succeed on is that I have been a good communicator. I think
this because I have been helping out others and calling out to others I have
been trying to tell others new things and communicate with them to help each
other. I think that the following artifact really shows my communicating abilities:
I
think that this artifact really has shown me that I am a good communicator
because a tutorial is an online source where you communicate with others to
improve their learning and to teach them stuff. I think that my tutorial can
really teach others new things. I have really demonstrated that I can teach
others new things.
Last
but not least, the final core value that I think I have shown the most success
on is that I have been balanced. For this core value, I do not really have an
artifact because it is part of my daily life to be balanced. I think that I am
balanced because school is not all I focus on. I have other extra curriculum
that I have shown a lot of success on. For example, I play volleyball twice a
week. I think that it is good to play a sport so that you can let out your
energy and have fun. The second thing that I do is that I go to a class in
where I learn about my religion. I think that it is good to not be only
educated in mentality but to also think about your actions. I take a class
three times a week. The last activity that I do is guitar lessons. I think that
it is good to listen to music, and, even better, play an instrument. I think
that it really calms me down sometimes. I take lessons once a week. But, to
show that I am balanced, on top of all of that, I still find a way to do my
good quality homework.
In which of the core
values have you shown the most progress or growth? Why?
I think that the first
main core value that I have shown growth on is that I am a better Risk - Taker.
I think that 6th grade has really showed me that I need to take risks to succeed.
So, in this quarter I have been asking more question, raising my hand up more,
volunteering for more, and showing my work as examples. However, the main class
that I think I have been showing that I am a Risk - Taker is in Portuguese
class. The main reason is because we have texto livre. Texto livre is a 20
minuet period in where we get to write anything we want. It can be a story, a
poem, and a riddle. Anything. But at the end, we get to share out our stories.
I think that sharing out our stories is a very big risk because we don’t know
if people will like our story or not and we do not know what others will think.
It is like sharing out a part of you. Well, I took that risk. I was courageous
and I shared my story out not only once, but many times to the class.
The second core value
that I think I have improved on is Reflective. I think that in this quarter, I
have really learned what it means to be reflective. It does not mean that you
just look over your work. It means way more. It is when you read over your
work, and evaluate with your thinking. Not with others, but yours. You check if
the work really meets your standards and make sure you are happy about it. But
the main key about being a reflector is that all of the work is done by you.
You do not need to depend on others to make sure your work is good. Use your
knowledge. I think that I have really demonstrated that. Now, I always reflect
on my work.
The third core value
that I think I have grown on is being responsible. I really think that middle
school is where everything changes. To be ready, you always have to be
responsible. I say this because we have to be on time and bring all of our
materials to class. If we do not, we lose participation points. So now, I have
learned to always follow the instructions for a better education.
Which core value is most challenging for you? Why?
I think that being a Critical
Thinker is the hardest core value because it involves a deep understanding of
the work. You have to evaluate your work as another person and look at you work
in a different perspective. That involves a high level of concentration.
However, the hardest part is checking if your thinking is reasonable because
you have to evaluate others evaluations. So I get very confused and I think
that I need to improve on that.
What are your goals for the rest of the school year?
The first goal that I
want to make sure to do is to try and succeed on more core values. I want to
learn new things and be open to new information. To do this I will use my
understanding of the core values I know and try to use them to open my thinking
and to develop new skills. The second goal I have in mind is that I want to try
and overcome being a Critical Thinker. I want to learn more about that core
value. I intend to do that by trying to use it more often and to grow into a
bigger and deeper understanding of what it means. These are my goals.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! :)