Science this quarter has been fun! I enjoyed
experiments, like the science fair and especially lab 7 where we have to
explore our cells. Nor have I had a lot of fun, but I also learned A LOT!
I learned about cells, what life is made up of. I learned how the little
creatures that make up our bodies work, and the little creatures that make up a
plant. Before anything, I had no
idea about people science. I just learned about how plants work, and how other
non-living things work, but never humans. I never stopped and thought about how
we are a live, and what the cause of that is. I only started wondering about
ourselves after the science fair because my project was about people and their
choices. Then I started looking into it more when we started looking at our own
cheek cells and others blood cells, and that is a highlight about this quarter.
I think that I am mostly
curious in science because I always wonder, what’s next or what if? This
happens when we are in experiments because I look into the experiment and ask,
"Would my results be different if...?" I look into the subject and
make sense of it, trying to always find something new. I think that curiosity
leads to more discoveries and newer understandings of things, and that is why I
think of always being curious: so that I always learn more about subjects, but
it also comes naturally. An example of when that happened when was when we
talked about atoms. I just kept thinking how small an atom was, and if I could
see one. Then, it took me to think about the biggest thing, and I thought about
the universe. Nevertheless, that got me on my nerves, because I was always
wondering: How did it start? Why do we exist? How would other humans look like?
Is there even any humans on any other world? Since when I am curious, I try to
find out the answers to my questions, but these questions cannot be answered by
myself, now.
I think that I would like
to be more innovative, I want to think out of the box. I
think this because I usually choose normal things to explore, and I want to
learn more about unnatural things. I want to explore amazing natures of
science! Before, I used to be innovative; my imagination led me through everything,
but after a few months, it went away, because I felt like people’s ideas were
way more creative than mine, so I started letting everyone else were chose for
me. I think that I have to working on being more innovative on my own, thinking
more complex and funner ways of doing things.
I have difficulties in
being inclusive because sometimes I am so excited that I want to find out
everything on my own. In addition, I feel like sometimes I want to find things
out by myself to get credit for finding something, to find something on my
own. A plan of action is to letting other people take a chance to
explore, and I will add on to their discoveries. This way, I can help other
people find out new things, and others can help me, resulting in greater
discoveries and luvenheouck moment. I am already working on this plan, because
for example: I was working on my Leuwenhoek moment with my friend, and then
another group started looking at an ant. I thought that was cool, and then they
brought up the idea of blood. To help and try to be more inclusive, I started
asking where we could find blood an instead of working lone, I worked with the
other group, looking at blood cells together.
Overall, science this quarter has been one of the funnest quarters I
have had!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! :)