Thursday, March 5, 2015

Working with Unknown Quantities; Solving System of Inequalities


               In math this quarter, we started something extremely new to everyone; something that would involve a lot of researching and practice from our part. Something that could change the way look and interpret learning.
My Problem
               After having recently done the test, we were given math problems. To some, they were completely new concepts; to others, it was a problem that required past skills to create an understanding. It all varied depending on the grade we achieved in our most recent test. I had obtained a seven, therefore, my problem was something I could not comprehend the first time I placed my eyes on: Systems of Inequalities. However, what did we have to do with these new problems, if we couldn’t solve them? What the assignment required of us was to learn new things on our own. Therefore, what we had to do was look for other resources that would help us find out how to solve our problem, and what basic skills we need to understand. After evaluating our problem, we were told to fill out our KWHL Chart.
KWHL Chart: It is a chart separated into four columns: What I KNOW, What do I WANT to know, HOW can I find out more about this, and What have I LEARNED from this problem. Here is what mine looked like:

This was all my knowledge before researching on my problem, and after looking over it, I have noticed how much I have improved. I made a video in order to portray my learning of my new topic:

While making this project, my goal set in mind was to achieve excellent wok (comparing to the rubric) and I feel like I have achieved my goal. I feel as if I put in my best work possible in order to get my wanted final product. Here is the rubric:



Overall, I really enjoyed the individual part of this project. It taught me so much about how I can be more independent on what I learn, and how I can use my available resources wisely. For my next test, I am going to use my new websites (for example purplemath) to study. I am really looking forward to learning about how my peers interoperated this assignment and what their final product will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :)