Math
Mathematical thinking is not the same as doing math
I think that this statement is true. I think this because
mathematical thinking is when you actually put meaning into your work. You
think hard about the problem and mathematically think about it. On the other
hand, doing math is something everyone can do. You don't need to put tie and
effort. For example, if I say what is 1+1=? You will answer 2. But did you
really think about it in your head? Mathematical thinking is when you use
skills good thinkers do. So if I were to ask you what is: 1+1, if you were to mathematically
think, this is what might go around in your head: What will I use to solve this?
How will I solve this? How could this refer to our daily lives? Something
else I think is that mathematical thinking is what you do before doing math. It
is what goes on in your head.
Characteristics of a good mathematician:
- Reflective
- Checks reasonableness of answers
- Shows all their work
- Is open to learn more
- Re- reads
- Makes estimates
- Breaks down problem
- Focusses on main numbers
- Not distracted
Writes in his own words
I think one of my strengths as a mathematician is that I am always reflective. I always review my work and make sure my answer is reasonable. In the test, I have looked over my answer and checked everything. It is good to be reflective in math because what if your answer is out of this world and by just looking at it you can fix it? It is always good to look over your work and review it. You can also reflect on what you did wrong. That is why I think I am reflective.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! :)