Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Making Comments - SLC Humanities #2





Making Comments - How Much I Improved



Older Post - second through third week of school
















Newer Post - This Week






































     I chose to write about this because I think that these artifacts show a lot of growth. It really explains how much I have learned through these weeks and how much more I would like to learn! When I looked at these and compared them, I was so impressed and happy that since I learn more I express more. I am very proud of myself as a learner. I would like to refer back to what we learned in the beginning of school. We learned about a growth mindset. A couple days ago, Mr. Beck had showed us an example of a SLC post. Then he explained to us about on what level we are on. He said that everyone has a different level and pace of learning. I think that I am learning more and I am going higher.
     Well, my main question is, why do I right better comments after longer time? Here is what I think: I think that since I have been adapting more to righting comments and evaluating them I have learned to right better comments. Over these few weeks I have been picking up some information, bit by bit, and not even noticing. Then, when it is time to write, I think about what others wrote and about those bits of information and join it all up to make a good comments.
     Here are the core values I think I showed: I think I had to be a communicator, a critical thinker, and innovative. I think that I was a communicator because I had to communicate with others and tell them about their post. I think that I was a critical thinker because I had to my self into the person that wote the post's shoes. I had to look at my comment and see, "Will this help them? What will they get out of my post? Will it make them curious? Or will they learn more? ". Latsly, I think I ws innovative. I think this because I had to come up with creative ways of disagrreying or agreeying with them and not hurting their feelings. I had to come up with many ideas to their post and find ne information. I have something to add. Even if it is not a core value, I think that I really showed a deep thinking. I think this because I had to go deep into their posts and explain much more than "I liked your post". Even if it was hard, once I got my idea, I would just type and type.
     Finally, I would like to thank Mr. Beck for teaching me how to make a good comment. He showed me, and the whole class, what to do in a very innovative way. Thank you Mr. Beck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :)