Thursday, December 26, 2013

Freak the Mighty – Post #1 – Laura de Beer

2) What scene has been the most important so far in the book? How do you think the story would have changed had that scene not taken place?

            Freak the Mighty is a humorous, adventurous story about two young boys who set off on an adventure slaying dragons and finding castles. That’s what Freak thinks. With Freaks humorous and amazing imagination, he takes Max, the boy who thought he was all alone and not smart, into amazing adventures discovering more about each other. Freak, the brains, and Max, the strong one, together, crated Freak the Mighty.
            I think that the most important scene so far until page 55 is the Fourth of July scene. I think that this scene is just as important as the scene were Max and Freak meet. I think that this scene is important because without it, there would be no Freak the Mighty. If Tony D. had not come along, they would never find out about each other and how they act. There would be no running away or Freak guiding Max. If this scene did not happen, the story would have changed because Freak would never had gotten on Max, making there adventures less long and enjoyable. Freak would never have wanted to wake Max every morning to show him new things and to do something. Without this scene, Freak would never have shown Max about his bionic test. I think this because without the scene, Freak would be so sure about Max and trust him as much. He would not have as much faith in them being friends for long. It showed Freak and Max that they could rust each other. For example, on page 35, when Freak starts guiding Max, at the end, Max lives, showing Max that Freak actually wants the best for him and to help him.
            This scene is the most important, but just like I stated before, when Freak and Max meet was also a very important scene because with out it, I think you can guess what would happen. The story could have been only about Max, and he would never change if Freak had not come in at night, trying to catch his airplane.  Max would never have been invited to Freaks house and never find out what goes on in Freaks little head of his.

            Overall, for now the book is great! At first I doubted reading it and thought it would be more for wrong, but I regret that and I’m glad I choose it as an extra club! This book is for all boys and girls and it is very humorous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :)