Sunday, January 19, 2014

What do Fish Have to do With Anything? - Laura de Beer - Pets #5

 6) Have any of the characters reminded you of yourself or someone you know? How?

Pets is a story about a girl who loves pets, and on a very sad day her beloved dog, Chase, died and she, Eve got two new cats to replace him. She named them Shadow and Angel, but Angel was not such and Angel because she would scratch and bite Eve. One day, Angel died, and her ghost came back, asking Shadow to go with her, and soon enough he also dies. After both cats died, Eve started getting sick too and would just get out of bed to talk to Angels and shadow’s ghost. When she was talking to them, they came and started scratching her, and as fast as she could she yelled out “Chase” and before she knew it, the cats were gone and her dead old dog’s ghost was right in front of her. From that day on, she never failed to leave a bone for Chase.
                I think Eve reminds me of myself because I also don’t really have an experience with cats. I have always been more a dog person, and after reading this story, I’ll be sure to stick with dogs. I think that I also share some characteristics with Eve. For example, Eve is very persistent because when Angel wanted to take Shadow and then Eve, Eve never said okay fine, you take me. She kept fighting and fighting and trying to end Angels thought. I also think I am persistent because when I start something, I never quit it. For example, when I was young, my mom and dad would always take me bike riding, but I would always fall and end up with a big scratch. Every time it was the same, but that did not stop me. I really wanted to learn and just like Eve, I reached my goal.

2 comments:

  1. Laura,
    You are persistent. I completely agree with you that you are more of a dog person then a cat person. Do you know someone is exactly the opposite of you and Eve? Did you enjoy this story? What do you think would happen if Angel only wanted to take Eve and not Shadow? Would Shadow become like Eve? Would he stop Angel from taken him like Eve did? I loved your post. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lara,
      Thank you! I actually do know someone that is more of a cat person. My friend Anna Mariani, but she is completely persistent. I did enjoy this story very much and I think that if Angel took Eve first, she would not have enough time to reflect on what Angel wanted. However, I do not think Shadow will be like Eve.
      Laura

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! :)