Sunday, January 19, 2014

What do Fish Have to do With Anything? - Post #6 What's Inside? - Laura de Beer

11) Were there any moments where you disagreed with the choices of any of the characters? What would you have done differently?


            If I were the main character, I would have told Danny after in front of everyone that I had shuffled the boxes, that way, his parents could stop him. If people show Danny how important he is, then he won’t be tempted to try again. I think just the fact that the main character took out the gun already shows Danny that he cares for him. For example, if someone ever offer him this again, he would still think he was nothing and try to kill himself again. I don’t think lying was the best choice, because it never is. When it comes to life or death, I would never even consider lying, just try to show Danny that he is actually worth something. But I do think the main character did do the right choice of not disagreeing with him and just go with it so that Danny won’t suspect anything. I just have one final question: What is the lesson in this story? Since the main character lied, I don’t think not lying is the moral. What do you guys think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :)