In humanities class we started learning
about child labor, and the story behind it. To learn more about it and see what
is really going on, we read a book called "Boys without Names", in
where the main character is put in a situation in where child labor is present.
Along the book, we go with him through his adventure to see how he ends up
dealing with this problem of child labor. I think that this book ended up being
very interesting because not only did it tell us about kids who are going
through child labor, but also showed us what they feel inside. It gives us an
example of how they end up in child labor, and how to problem solve. I think
that the main reason that this book is so interesting is because of the main
character, Gopal. Gopal is such a strong character, and is always persevering
through anything on his own. He was like the glue that stuck together the
broken pieces in Scar's "factory". Gopal showed us how much boys are suffering,
and how to be a good leader. Overall, this book was amazing and it really
showed out this global problem around the world. If consumers read this book, I
would be sure that they would take in consideration of what is happening and
maybe even stop buying clothes made by child labor in sweatshops.
2. Sometimes in life we meet people who we make such a strong connection with, that they feel like family. Has this happened to you? Is there someone who moved from being just a friend to feeling like they are family? How did that happen? What is the difference between friend and family?
Gopal and his peers feel like family. They
treat one another like family and love each other like family. They trust each
other like family, and they are each other family. I have many people who feel
like family to me. I think that even most of my best friends feel like sisters
from the heart. It all happened when I was knew to Graded, back in first grade.
When I first got here, the first person I met was a girl I had never seen
before, and her name was Gabi Thomas. She took me in and was always so kind to
me, and I think that was amazing of her. I started looking up to her and eventually,
we were glued together like magnets. I knew her from the heart, and she knew me
from the heart. One day she had to move away, and I was so sad. It broke my
heart because we were always so together. I thought that it would be the last
time I would see her, but what does family do? Stay with you forever, and that
is what happened. We kept in touch after all these years.
I
think that this happened because after many years of getting to know each
other, you feel like you that person head to toe, and it makes you feel as if they
were that close like your sisters. Then, what is the real definition of family?
This is something that I think matters a lot. I think that close friends and
family mean the same thinWhat do you think family really means? Comment bellow!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! :)